Kitchen Tips - Steps to Plan a Good Kitchen
Phase One: Planning & Budgeting of Kitchen Renovation
- Determine a budget (in Malaysia Ringgit);
- Simple RM 4,000 – RM 8,000
- Moderate RM 6,000 – RM 12,000
- High End RM 10,000 – RM 20,000
- High Quality and Stylist - > RM 20,000
- Determine a time frame.
- Contact a kitchen designer.
Phase Two: Design
- Measure of your kitchen space (with help of kitchen designer).
- Design a perfect and functional kitchen layout.
- Determine your kitchen styles (contemporary, modern, country).
- Determine number of workstation & appliances.
- Finalize kitchen design.
- Hire contactor such as plumber, electrician & carpenter.
Phase Three: Shopping
- Appliances such as range (electric, gas, high oven), dishwasher, microwave oven, refrigerator, exhaust fan etc.
- Countertops – Laminate, Ceramic Tile, Wood/Butcherblock or Granite.
- Sink – Enamel steel or Enamel cast iron (porcelain).
Phase Four: Demolition
- Do it yourself or hire demolition team.
Phase Five: Electrical, Plumbing, Walls and Flooring Work
Phase Six: Kitchen Cabinet Installation and Other Carpentry
Installation of all kitchen cabinets according to the layout and design.
Phase Seven: Paint/Wallpaper/Finishwork
Phase Eight: Appliance Installation
- Installation of kitchen appliances such as range (electric, gas, high oven), dishwasher, microwave oven, refrigerator, exhaust fan etc.